1. please introduce yourselves and tell us what you do in the band.
"I'm James(my friends call me Roy) I play lead guitar/backing vocals/songwriter along
with my brothers Mike Lorentz:Vocals/Songwriting/
some guitars; Clanton Miller:Bass;
Brad Disney:Guitars; Nani Vissepo:Drums that is KOMATRYP. We're a metal band,
our sound is very aggressive mixing hardcore, groove and death metal aspects in it.
We call style 'Junkyard Groove'..."
2. how did you girls/guys end up coming together as a band?
"Myself and MIKE been jamming in/out of bands since 1993 while still in high school.
Year later in 2001 our other childhood friend CLANTON picked up the bass guitar and
we form Komatryp. Had 2 kid still in high school join us(BRAD was 1 of them). Between
2003-2007 we got a new drummer NANI and downsized to 4 members til this past year
and brought Brad back in on 2nd guitar..."
3. do the core fans of the band have a particular song they really seem to have latched onto?
"Quite a bit, Over the years its kinda changed from time to time. We have nearly 30 originals
and out of those 30 songs 'Killer On A Rampage' and 'Mudhole' are screamed out..."
4. what is the concept behind the name of your album, "album name", what does that mean?
"Our soon-to-be-released album entitled 'CALLOUSED' pretty much talks about the struggles
of being in a band for many years. Some of the songs touch on a couple personal struggles
5. who is producing "album name" and what has the experience been like so far?
"We all are producing the album. Its not a walk in the park for sure..."
6. when fans come to an "name of the show" show, what kind of show can they hope to see?
"Since we don't get the pleasure to play a lot of ALL AGES shows, wish we could, people
that come to see us in a bar or opening for a major band should expect an assault on their
precious eardrums, their adrenaline will take a beating too and drink some cold adult
beverages and have a great time!..."
7. are you girls/guys generally considered to be a good live band?
"We think so. And judging over the years from many other bands, fans and live music
lovers think so too..."
8. describe your typical fan.
"Rowdy, crazy, happy, sometimes drunk..."
9. whats the biggest show you have played so far and how did it go?
"For me, opening for the mighty SOULFLY on Aug. 12, 2014 in OKC at The Chameleon
Room. Its our 2nd time opening for them. SIX FEET UNDER, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD &
PSYCHOSTICK were great too but SOULFLY hands down was the best so far..."
10. whats the worst experience you ever had while out touring with the band?
"Touring we haven't did yet, but if I had to pin point something that fucking sucked is back
in 2003 a local venue(now defunct) was changing people at the door to drink off kegs for
the whole night just by paying 1nce at the door. The kegs were empty, the ladies bathrooms
weren't working at all, some ladies had to go outside to pop a squat or go to the nasty ass
titty flops(strip club) next door. The venue refused to refund the crowds money. So that pissed
us off, we took the entire venue with us and threw a impromptu block party that night in our
11. when you're out there on the road, do you have an agenda to connect with people?
"Yup, talk to every single person that shows interest in your band or just wants to meet and
say hi and tell us about their experience. We in Komatryp are always willing to take time to
shoot the shit with everybody we meet and tell them what social sites they can follow us,
connect with us on too..."
12. if you could put together the "perfect tour", what bands would you pick to tour with and why?
"Whoa... I'll get back to you on that. That's a hard one. lol..."
13. whats your favorite band of all time?
"For me, its a tie between early DANZIG(1st 3 albums only) OLD METALLICA & PANTERA..."
14. what is your favorite album or song that you can't stop listening to right now?
"Currently, CALIBAN 'We Are The Many' song just sick and CARCASS 'HEARTWORK' album.
Still brutal after 20yrs..."
15. what are your hopes for the future regarding "name of the band"?
"That we can still continue making music that not just us enjoy but others will too..."
16. where do you see yourselves in 10 years?
"Hopefully, more money in the bank and less health issues..."
17. where are ya from?
"I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but raised corrupted in Lawton, Oklahoma..."
18. who is the primary writer of the song lyrics?
"Myself and Mike..."
19. do you prefer indoor or out door while playing?
"Doesn't really matter I don't think as long as its not scorch the earth hot and there's
something COLD to drink..."
20. ultimate stage fantasy? what would you most want to happen?
"I want to stand on stage with my Komatryp brothers and play a destructive set in front
of 100,000 people..."
21. what is your hidden talents?
" I don't think I have any, but if I come up on 1, I'll let you know Jax! Hahaha..."