Friday, August 22, 2014

King Pariah Interview

KING PARIAH 1.) Please introduce yourselves and tell us what you do in the band? Hey! My name is Patrick and I am the vocalist in King Pariah. We are a heavy metal/death metal band from a really small town in Upstate New York. 2.) How did you girls/guys end up coming together as a band? Well I recently joined the band back in February and I was asked to audition for the band. And all the other members go to the same school. 3.) Do the core fans of the band have a particular song they really seem to have latched onto? Our most popular song is 'Burning the 6th'. Some think it's our heaviest song and people just love it. 4.) What is the concept behind the name of your album, "album name", what does that mean? Our newest album that is coming on soon, is titled Civil Unrest. It's somewhat about stopping war and whatnot. 5.) Who is producing "album name", and what has the experience been like so far? So far, we've been home recording. It's been good so far and we may even stick with that. 6.) When fans come to an "name of the show" show, what kind of show can they hope to see? They can expect an energetic show and full of fun and excitement. Everyone deserves a chance to see us. 7.) Are you girls/guys generally considered to be a good live band? Yes! We've been told numerous times, no matter where we play, that we are energetic and we know what we're doing. 8.) Describe your typical fan. Our typical fan is nothing too big, supports us and wears our shirts and whatnot. The occasional mosh pit is a great welcome. 9.) What's the biggest show you have played so far and how did it go? We played a stop on The Summer Slaughter Tour 2014 and it was a big one for us. Great turnout, great people and a great venue. 10.) What's the worst experience you ever had while out touring with the band? We have yet to actually tour but the worst experience is definitely playing with bands that don't fit the bill or aren't the same genre. 11.) When you're out there on the road, do you have an agenda to connect with people? Not really, we just connect with people whenever. 12.) If you could put together the "perfect tour", what bands would you pick to tour with and why? The Perfect Tour would consist of us, Thy Art is Murder, King Parrot, Rings of Saturn, and Fit For an Autopsy. But that's just my opinion, not the whole band. 13.) What's your favorite band of all time? My favorite band of all time. That's a tough question. I'm gonna go with either Whitechapel or Avenged Sevenfold. I know, it's quite the mix but I like a bit of everything. 14.) What is your favorite album or song that you can't stop listening to right now? I'm in love with the new Whitechapel album 'Our Endless War'. The tracks dig deep and I like that about it. An emotional album. 15.) What are your hopes for the future regarding "name of the band"? We hope to get something going with bigger tours and bigger shows. You'll see the name King Pariah a lot in the near future, I promise. 16.) Where do you see yourselves in 10 years? In 10 years, I believe we should have successfully made it into the business and have quite a lot of fans. Most bands have gotten fame in 6-8 years. So hopefully we get that lucky. 17.) Where are ya from? I personally am from Saratoga, NY but the rest of the band is from a small town called Argyle, NY. 18.) Who is the primary writer of the song lyric's? Our drummer Jake is normally the song writer. But, when it's urgent or he can't get anything good down, he sends it my way. 19.) Do you prefer indoor or outdoor while playing? I personally have yet to play outdoors so it's tough to say. 20.) Ultimate stage fantasy? What would you most want to happen? I would love to play with Lamb of God. It'd be the best thing to happen for us. But, I mean, who doesn't want to play with them. 21.) What is your hidden talents? I can actually sing. Unlike most vocalists who just scream. I do both but have yet to include it on our music and I am currently planning out a Solo EP. I'm also really good with graphic design and booking shows. So, I'm quite the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment