1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
The band officially started in 2002 and 3 original members still are in the
band. Alex (drums), Matt (bass) , Keith (guitar). We have had 2 other
guitarists in the band as well but they have since departed. We went
through several lead singers and the current singer Ed, has been in the
band for a couple years now and is on the latest release “Burn Internal”
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
The original line up came up with band names and we voted and narrowed
down to 3, then pulled a name out of hat. Chainsnap it is. “Chainsnap” is
also used in terms of a tool for cutting and a term in biking…but we just
thought it sounded cool.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there?
The band is based in wisconSIN rapids, WI. It’s a small city with a good
music scene for cover bands but not for bands that play their own original
music so we have to typically perform in other cities through out the
Are there any local bands you could recommend? That list is pretty
long…there is a lot of good original metal and punk bands in central
Wisconsin. Check out our website and see who we do shows with. I favor
Time to Kill (wink wink…that’s my other band)
4. How would you describe your style?
Old style thrash blended with modern metal
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your
We did a 3 song promo/demo back in 2002. We released the debut CD
“Hollow” a few years after and that CD sold well and we did some touring to
support it. We just released our 2 nd full length “Burn Internal” May 2018.
Besides the lead singer who handles most the clean singing, we throw
some additional growls from the bass player and a 2 nd clean voice from the
drummer. There are no ballads in Chainsnap…maybe some mellow parts,
but no ballads.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
“Burn Internal” has just been released. Digital distribution through
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
As of now performing all over wisconSIN. Trips to Minnesota and Illinois
are in the works.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Perform and promote the new CD for the rest of the year and then start
working on new material again. We are currently working on a 2 nd music
video as well.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Symphonic distribution has on just about all digital outlets. We sell CDs
locally and at shows. The CD is also on Ebay sales. Feel free to request
us on Sirius xm and your local metal radio station. If they don’t have our
music let me know and I will get it to them.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your
music for the first time?
We are trying to keep an original sound by blending our roots in thrash with
modern metal so hopefully we don’t sound like everybody else.